Kristin and her family have lived in the Rossborough neighborhood in southwest Fort Collins for over 20 years. Kristin is a graduate of CSU, a mother of three and a long time leader in the Fort Collins volunteer community. Kristin has worked with our schools, city, and non-profits to improve the lives of families in Fort Collins.
While on Council, Kristin has served as both chair and vice-chair of the Poudre Fire Authority and chair of the Election Code Committee. She is a member of the Ethics Review Committee, and the Futures Committee. She is a liaison to several city boards and commissions including the Art in Public Places Board, the Women’s Commission and the Community Development Block Grant Commission. At the national level, Kristin serves on the National League of Cities’ Human Development Committee where she works on policy positions on issues like poverty, workforce development, and mental health parity. Most recently she was appointed to the county’s Behavioral Health Policy Committee where she will advised county commissioners on how to spend our mental health tax dollars.
Kristin and her family enjoy the Fort Collins Natural Areas near their southwest Fort Collins home, using the nearby trails for hiking and biking. They also do volunteer work as a family and have worked with many local non-profits including Think Humanity, Faith Family Hospitality, and Larimer County 4-H program.
Professional & Business Experience
- CSU, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, administration of National Science Foundation Grant funding,
- Executive Director, Youth Orchestra of the Rockies
- Management experience at the Stone Lion, Barnes and Noble, and CSU Bookstores.
Over 20 years volunteering in the Community
- Mother Center of Fort Collins – member of steering committee, fundraising coordinator, budget, grant writing
- City of Fort Collins Women’s commission – co-chair responsible for planning and accountability
- Religious Education teacher at St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Meals on Wheels Driver
- Friendship Family – Office of International Students CSU
- Larimer County Intergrated Family Enhancement Board
- City of Fort Collins Community Development Block Grant Commission-worked on the city’s Affordable Housing Strategic Plan
- 4-H organizational club leader
Awards and Achievements